Thursday, October 24, 2013

I just found  my ancient Blog again!
Some news will soon appear - especially about travels with the film "This Ain't No Mouse Music" at film festivals.  Also what are we working on here at Arhoolie Records. And if you live in the Bay Area and might have seen the film at the Mill Valley Film Festival or at the Rafael Theatre and you liked some of the music, come and visit us at the Down Home Music store at 10341 San Pablo Ave in El Cerrito where we are having a 20% OFF Sale on all USED goodies! CDs, LPs, 45s, 78s, books, etc. this week end October 26 and 27th! Open from 11 AM until 7 PM - don't miss it! I'll try and be in the store for some of the time - More propaganda soon! Mr. Chris

2 comments:

  1. Hello
    Thanks for including my dad Oscar Martinez in your music collection.
    Oscar passed away July 15, 2020. He was 86 years young. He was still thinking about his next hit that he recorded in Oct 2019!!.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, my name is Debra Bonner Nickerson, my father was Weldon "Juke Boy" Bonner. I wanted to let Mr. Chris Strachwitz know how much I appreciated him for coming to Houston, Texas and taking an interest in my father. I remember when my father introduce me to Mr. Strachwitz, when he brought him to our house, I must have been about 13 it was either 1968 or 69. I still remember how excited my father was to introduce Mr. Strachwitz to me, I was excited too. Mr. Strachwitz told me then that he would make my father famous. My father went on to record some beautiful music under Archoolie Records . But his fame was short lived as he passed away in 1978. I just wanted to let Mr. Strachwitz know how much I appreciated him for all he did for my father, Weldon Juke Boy Bonner. Mr. Strachwitz, you have been a blessing to many struggling artist, you saw greatness in them and you pulled in out of them. Thank you for all that you have done to enrich the lives of many through their music. Your work has not gone unnoticed. God bless you richly! Debra

    ReplyDelete